So, it’s a special day, dedicated to love, romance, and spoiling your sweetheart! You’ve gone out, picked up a gorgeous bouquet of flowers and a sweet card, possibly even a box of chocolates. You’ve made reservations at that fancy restaurant your boo has been hinting about and you’re looking forward to a special night out!
You pull up to your date’s house, walk up to the door, and are greeted by a dressed to the nine Valentine! “Tonight is going to be perfect! I’ve thought of everything” you think. But, wait... there may be a few things that you haven’t taken into consideration, so let me share them with you this today.
1. Most likely, you will not be seated at the exact time of your reservation. The wait staff and hostesses can not control how long a table “camps out”... and, they all tend to not be in a hurry on V-day. Be considerate.
2. If you do not have a reservation, prepare to wait! A very long time! Actually, you’re lucky if you get a table at all. Go to the bar, have a drink, relax, and enjoy each other’s company. Also, consider eating at the bar. Be patient.
3. There will most likely be a fixed menu offered for V-day. Choose that option. The kitchen will be busier than normal and this is your best hope of getting properly cooked food quickly. Be flexible.
4. If you order the fixed menu option, this will
most likely be a surf and turf option or something else more upscale than you would ordinarily order. Budget accordingly and TIP accordingly. Be generous.
5. Your server DOES NOT want to be at work on V-Day. They would rather be spending the day of Love with their loved ones and not yours. Your date will be more impressed with the kindness you show your server than the orders you bark out at them. Be kind.
6. While your server may be spending the day celebrating everyone else’s love, they may not have someone of their own to celebrate with. Show them a little love. Thank them for making your evening extra special. Tip them a little more. Be thoughtful.
7. While it is fully acceptable to pull your phone out to snap a selfie of the two of you or capture the beauty of the perfectly presented meal, otherwise keep your phone on silent and put away. Look into your date’s eyes and talk. Look at your server and respond when spoken to. Put the phone away. Be present.
8. While it is understood that you may not regularly go out to eat and dine at nice restaurants, keep in mind that the staff is there day in and day out. The kitchen knows how to best prepare your meal. The hostess knows where and how to seat you. The server knows how to best serve you. And, the bartender knows how to wet your whistle. Sit back and enjoy. Let the experts that do this everyday take care of you and your lovely date. Be thankful.
9. Even the best laid plans can go awry. Reservations can get lost. Restaurants may be full. Items may sell out. Steaks may be over cooked. If and when the plans change, Be Open.
10. And finally, if you’re going to propose on V-Day, while the staff is more than happy to help you pull off the big surprise, might I suggest that you choose to do this in private. Rather than put your love on the spot in front of a restaurant full of strangers with a ring delivered to her on a dessert platter, wait and pop the question when the two of you are alone. Pour words from your heart and let her cry and kiss you with just the two of you in attendance. Be in Love.
Happy Valentine’s and God bless the entire restaurant industry today! This day is a reminder of how thankful I am to no longer be doing what you do. I will peacefully be enjoying my steak and lobster at home, with no wait, in the comfort of my close friends and family, celebrating a day devoted to Love. Remember the love thing? Show some to each other today!
Hi! I'm, Brandi, founder of The Power Project, and I'm so glad you're here! I have this crazy belief that we can all do anything we set our minds to! Sometimes, you just need to hear it from a stranger on the internet. But, we're not strangers anymore. We're friends now. Welcome Friend! I hope you find some inspiration, encouragement, and empowerment here.
What People Are Saying About The Podcast
"Brandi is awesome! I love the content that is discussed in this podcast! This has quickly become my favorite podcast. It's real and empowering! After listening to these women, it makes you evaluate yourself and make adjustments to serve God's people. It truly expresses how each one of us has a gift to share with the Kingdom. Don't miss your chance to listen to this podcast and feel empowered!" ~ Onemixedgal